lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter W. <pe...@marketingbrokers.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Internals question
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:42:22 GMT
Hello,

Lucene gives the best documents for a given query and PageRank uses
citation
analysis with similar results but requires a large set of metadata to
complete.

Scoring in Lucene delivers pure search while PageRank attempts to
establish source authority.
I''m not strong in math, those who are can find an explanation of the
latter here:

http://www.ams.org/featurecolumn/archive/pagerank.html

Regards,

Peter W.