lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vagelis Kotsonis <kotsoni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom similarity based on tf but greater than 1.0
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 00:45:30 GMT

I feel kind of stupid...I don't get what hossman says in his post.

I got the thing abou the OMMIT_NORMS and I tried to do it by calling
Field.setOmitNorms(true); before adding a field in the index. After that I
re-indexed my collection but still not making any difference.

Tell me if I got it right. The second solution that you followed is building
a custom FilteredIndexReader and implement these 2 functions :

byte[] norms(String field)
void norms(String field, byte[] result, int offset)

Did I  get it right?

Thank you and excuse me for continuously asking the same thing.
Vagelis