lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From escher2k <esche...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hence Similarity to pass in fieldName...
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:10:57 GMT

Hi,
  I am trying to create a linear function  to influence the similarity
computation. For example -
  if tf = 4, f(tf) = 150 * 1 + 150 * 0.3
                     = 195

The first occurrence is multiplied by 150. The next three occurrences are
mulitplied by 150 and
divided by 10 (3/10).

However, we don't have access to the field name in the function public float
tf(float freq).
Is there any way out ? I would think passing the field name along with the
freq to
create public float tf(float freq, String fieldName) would be useful -
unless there is a better way.

Thanks.