lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aronin, Maxim" <aronin_ma...@bah.com>
Subject RE: Lucene Index of Oracle RDBMS
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:13:05 GMT
Hello Marcelo,

Thanks for the details of your implementation.  I was wondering if you
could share where this implementation is taking place. Also, are you
aware of any implementations at companies or government agencies where
Lucene was used to index Oracle.

My client is thinking about implementing Lucene index instead of Oracle
Text, but would like to see a list of recognizable companies/agencies
where this has been done before.  Any additional suggestions for where I
can search for this information would be appreciated.

Again thanks for your help,

V/R,

Max Aronin

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcelo Ochoa [mailto:marcelo.ochoa@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 8:22 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene Index of Oracle RDBMS

Hi Max:
  I am working in a Oracle-Lucene integration, see patch:
  Today I'll upload a latest development release which includes several
performance enhancement and new methods to integrate with the Oracle
Data Cartridge API without using data information which is faster than
the previous one.
  Unlike other Lucene data store implementation using BLOB, the
OJVMDirectory implementation runs inside the Oracle embedded virtual
machine. This architecture decision reduce network round trip and data
marshaling because it runs in the same memory space as the Oracle data.
  Another feature is a Data Cartridge integration which provides Lucene
as a new Domain Index for the Oracle Databases like the Oracle Text's
ctxsys.context index, it means that you can index columns of type
VARCHAR2, CLOB or XMLType directly by using a simple "create index"
command. All DML operations on the base table automatically update the
Lucene Index.
  Also two new operators are provided to the SQL Engine,
lcontains(column_name,lucene_query_parser_syntax,corr_id) and
lscore(corr_id), these two operators can be used inside or outside the
SQL where.
  Best regards, Marcelo.

On 1/8/07, Aronin, Maxim <aronin_maxim@bah.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of instances where Lucene was used to index Oracle
> RDBMS at a recognizable company or a government agency? Powered by
> Lucene list did not seem to have any such examples
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Max

Marcelo F. Ochoa
http://marcelo.ochoa.googlepages.com/home
______________
Do you Know DBPrism? Look @ DB Prism's Web Site
http://www.dbprism.com.ar/index.html
More info?
Chapter 17 of the book "Programming the Oracle Database using Java & Web
Services"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1555583296/
Chapter 21 of the book "Professional XML Databases" - Wrox Press
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1861003587/
Chapter 8 of the book "Oracle & Open Source" - O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracleopen/