lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject Re: When to use HitCollector?
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:18:45 GMT
Hey Erick (and List).

Yeah you have it pretty correct.  I am totally kicking myself in the ass
because I wrote all the indexing stuff!  Ugh...one of our indexes is
about 8GB so it will take a while to rebuild. I figure I can put a
temporary fix out and then refactor the index with the right info and
make it more efficient.

I basically wrote the logic to search email with a FilteredQuery so it
can remove what I don't want and then a seperate document query.  This
is all in a BooleanQuery.   I then wrote my own code to parse through
the hits.  It is not the best thing in the world but it seems to work ok.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
-Michael