lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Laurent Hoss <l.h...@netbreeze.ch>
Subject Re: New Lucene QueryParser
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:57:05 GMT
Hi Mark

As said in a previous mail, I'm very interested in your Parser and I'm
happy to hear you made progress , and implemented
Paragraph/Sentence proximity search functionality. :)
This is the killer feature for me!
 and if the execution of the resulting query  ( a mix containing
SpanQuery 's)  is not (much) slower  than using Boolean/Pharse-Query
Combos,  it would allow me to forget  our current  "1 lucene-doc per
paragraph" Indexing Model.
But also the other features are very cool, like the DateParsing which I
strongly miss in the standard QueryParser !

So let me hear, when you have a version ready to be tested, and how I
can help.

-Laurent

PS: Some other notes
> Query-time thesaurus expansion / General token to query expansion :
> Takes advantage of a general find/replace feature, "expand" might map
> to "(expander | expanded)" ... or any other valid syntax.
This I could also use, if can also do following ?
right now I've a little utility class which expands special strings
(syntax is to be disc.) to all combinations :
"fest[,e] hypothek[,en,a]"
-> fest hypothek;fest hypotheken;fest hypotheka;feste hypothek;feste
hypotheken;feste hypotheka

> Note that there may be some limitations...but so far this has proved
> to be pretty powerful
Would still be good to know the limitations you see right now...