lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nadav Har'El" <...@math.technion.ac.il>
Subject NO_NORMS and TOKENIZED?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:16:17 GMT
Hi,

When adding a field to a document, Field.Index gives me four options: NO,
NO_NORMS, TOKENIZED and UN_TOKENIZED.

NO_NORMS means, according to the documentation "index the field's value
without an Analyzer, and disable the storing of norms."

What can I do if I want to index the field's value *with* an Analyzer, but
still disable the storing of norms (because the field length should not be
considered in scoring)? Can't I do that? Was this intentional, or is this
an oversight and a fifth option should be added?

Thanks,
Nadav.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Tuesday, Jan 23 2007, 4 Shevat 5767
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc