lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: can Lucene index different amount of attributes to one document?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:25:18 GMT
Yes, documents can have different fields.  One document can have fields A and B, and another
document can have fields C and D.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: David <zhouchengly@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2007 5:55:28 AM
Subject: can Lucene index different amount of attributes to one document?

Hi all:
    I know that we can use doc.add(attr, value) to add attributes to the
document, can we add different amount of attributes to one document?
for example, can this pseudo code  runnable?

public static Document Document(MyObject o)
{
    Document doc = new Document();

    for(i=0; i<o.attribute_len(); i++)
       if(o.attributes(i).value != "") //only if the attribute exist, we
index it.
              doc.add(new Field(o.attrbute(i).name, o.attrbute(i).value)
....);
    }
    return doc;
}

if we can do this, are there any special steps when search the on these
attributes?

Appreciate your help!

--
David