lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <marcelo.oc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Index of Oracle RDBMS
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:22:01 GMT
Hi Max:
  I am working in a Oracle-Lucene integration, see patch:
  Today I'll upload a latest development release which includes
several performance enhancement and new methods to integrate with the
Oracle Data Cartridge API without using data information which is
faster than the previous one.
  Unlike other Lucene data store implementation using BLOB, the
OJVMDirectory implementation runs inside the Oracle embedded virtual
machine. This architecture decision reduce network round trip and data
marshaling because it runs in the same memory space as the Oracle
data.
  Another feature is a Data Cartridge integration which provides
Lucene as a new Domain Index for the Oracle Databases like the Oracle
Text's ctxsys.context index, it means that you can index columns of
type VARCHAR2, CLOB or XMLType directly by using a simple "create
index" command. All DML operations on the base table automatically
update the Lucene Index.
  Also two new operators are provided to the SQL Engine,
lcontains(column_name,lucene_query_parser_syntax,corr_id) and
lscore(corr_id), these two operators can be used inside or outside the
SQL where.
  Best regards, Marcelo.

On 1/8/07, Aronin, Maxim <aronin_maxim@bah.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of instances where Lucene was used to index Oracle
> RDBMS at a recognizable company or a government agency? Powered by
> Lucene list did not seem to have any such examples
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Max

Marcelo F. Ochoa
http://marcelo.ochoa.googlepages.com/home
______________
Do you Know DBPrism? Look @ DB Prism's Web Site
http://www.dbprism.com.ar/index.html
More info?
Chapter 17 of the book "Programming the Oracle Database using Java &
Web Services"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1555583296/
Chapter 21 of the book "Professional XML Databases" - Wrox Press
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1861003587/
Chapter 8 of the book "Oracle & Open Source" - O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracleopen/