lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bhavin Pandya" <bhav...@rediff.co.in>
Subject How to top ups recent documents
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:01:08 GMT
Hello guys,

I think i have posted this questions earlier but didnt got satisfied answer...

I have a index...in which document has one field "update timestamp" ...
Index is gettting update daily....

now when someone searches for "usa" i wants result mixing of "recent + relevant". ...

I tried by writing "MyHitCollector" ..where i m mixing docs such a way that,
1. docs which has score more than one threshold ....sorting them on date descending
2. docs which has below score than that threshold ....keeping it as it is...

But on what basis i should take that "threshold value of score"...

Do anybody have tried any other trick to achieve this....something like boosting a recent
documents at indexing time or with some different technique ....?

Or where i am doing mistake ?

Thanks.
Bhavin pandya