lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Haszlakiewicz" <EHAS...@transunion.com>
Subject help finding docs, creating analyzer objects
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:33:49 GMT

I'm been having a hard time finding any kind of reasonable
documentation
on lucene.  It seems that the javadocs are mostly empty, and the stuff
on
the wiki really doesn't explain anything.  Is there a better place to
be looking?

So far, I've managed to get some basic stuff working.  Now I'm trying
figure out where to get a spanish analyzer from.  I found a message
from 2003 where someone tried to contribute one, but it got rejected
because there's something called a snowball analyzer that supposedly
supports spanish, but again, I couldn't find any documentation for how
use it.  The closest I could find was a snippet of code that did this:

        Analyzer analyzer = new SnowballAnalyzer("Spanish");
Is that correct?  How do I know what name to pass to the constructor?

I tried building some code with that, but it seems the jar file (lucene
2.0.0)
is missing all the snowball stuff.  It doesn't seem to be in the source
zip file
either, so I'm not too surprised that it's not in the jar file, but
(perhaps
you detect a trend here) I couldn't find any documentation about where

to get a complete jar file from.  Where can I get this from?

Eric