lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sorting by per doc hit count
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:21:00 GMT
Could I use another Similarity that returned 1 for most of the scoring terms
and the actual term frequency (rig the equation)? Could I then alternate the
DefaultSimilarity and HitsPerDocSimilairty per search? LIA mentioned
something about needing to rebuild the index if you change Similarity's.
That does not make sense to me yet. It would seem you could alternate them.
What does scoring have to do with indexing?

Thanks,

Mark