lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Miles Efron <mef...@metalab.unc.edu>
Subject java requirements for lucene
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:30:34 GMT
i have successfully compiled, installed, and run lucene-based applications
on several machines, but i am currently trying to get lucene to run on a
sever that i do not administer and am having an odd problem... perhaps
someone can decipher it?

if i try, for instance, to run the basic lucene demo (IndexFiles) I get
the following output, then stacktrace:

$ java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles ../data/medline/docs/
Indexing to directory 'index'...
adding ../data/medline/docs/1.txt
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: field
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardFilter.tokenImage was not
found.
    at _Jv_ResolvePoolEntry(java.lang.Class, int)
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
    at org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardFilter.<clinit>()
(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
    at
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer.tokenStream(java.lang.String,
java.io.Reader) (Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentWriter.invertDocument(org.apache.lucene.document.Document)

(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentWriter.addDocument(java.lang.String,
org.apache.lucene.document.Document) (Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(org.apache.lucene.document.Document,
org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer) (Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(org.apache.lucene.document.Document)
(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles.indexDocs(org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter,
java.io.File) (Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles.indexDocs(org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter,
java.io.File) (Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown
Source)

I've googled this Exception, but haven't found much.  For futher
reference, here's version info on java on the machine:

java -version
java version "1.4.2"
gcj (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-3)

If anyone has thoughts on what might be the matter, I'd be most grateful.
Thanks,
-Miles