lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Custom Filter implementations - necessary to check if doc is deleted ?
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 23:41:32 GMT

: Is it necessary to check the deleted-status of documents that the filter
: includes (and never actually include deleted documents), or is this done
: I'm trying to implementent an inverted version of a filter, simply by
: flipping all the bits in the BitSet, after the filter has finished
: processing, but this gives me "attempt to access deleted document"
: Does TermDocs sometimes enumerate deleted docs, once it has been
: seek()'ed to a TermEnum position ?

TermDocs does in fact skip over deleted docs (search for "deletedDocs" in
SegmentTermDocs to see where) but by flipping all the bits to get the
non-matches you make it neccessary for your filter to explicitly check for
deletions itself.

-Hoss