lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From trond.lindan...@dkdigital.no
Subject Re: IOException: Access is denied from IndexWriter.Optimize
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:37:10 GMT
Thank you for quick and detailed answer.
In this system multiple threads will, occasionally, try to write and/ or
read the same index, hence the pause waiting for the lock. This is not a
good way to implement it and was done as a temp solution for debug
purposes only. Multiple processes may still reach the init of IndexWriter/
IndexReader for the same index at almost the same time. I guess
synchronizing some object, giving exclusive access for one IndexReader or
IndexWriter to some common index, is a better way to do it. May this be a
work around for the parallel writer/ reader problem you describe? Anyway,
I guess I should give the trunc a try first.
java.io.IOException: Access is denied has only been reported once. I have
not been able to reproduce it. I have some anti virus app running on my
machine (Trend Micro Office Scan). This includes a scan of the index dir.
Do you think that may cause the problem. Or perhaps some other windows
services/ tools accessing the file for some reason (windows indexer)?