lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "mgallinucci\@libero\.it" <mgallinu...@libero.it>
Subject Store document-like map
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:24:13 GMT

Hi,
I'm building an application that's going to classify some documents. So i have a set of documents
and a set of classes, and I must classify these docs in these classes. Now, documents are
stored in Lucene index through Document, while I don't know how I can store my classes in
Lucene, and how I can compare a Document to a class.
My class is only a map where the key is the word and the value is the relevance for that class.
For example: I made class "Football", this contains this map:

Key | Value
ball | 0.8
penalty| 0.9

Someone can help me? My resolution idea was to build a Document with the words ball repeated
8 times and penalty 9 times, but it isn't a native mode to compare a map with a document...
Thank you ahead of time...