lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Sch├╝tz <schu...@neoconcept.de>
Subject Problems with Queries which contain '_' and wildcards
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:01:52 GMT
Hi,

first let me explain the situation:

We have to index an document, which contains a field "file" to store
filenames.
Sometimes filenames contain an underscore or an minus (_ or -). =>
e.g. foo_bar.doc
Indexing is'nt the problem so far.

But if we now try to search for "foo_b*" the QueryParser crashes with
following exception:

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Cannot build
PrefixQuery with analyzer class
org.apache.lucene.analysis.de.GermanAnalyzer - token was consumed

Same problem occurs if i use the StandardAnalyzer.
To replace underscores in filenames is not a solution because we have
many other fields
which can contain underscores. :(

Is there anybody who knows this problem or knows a solution for this?

thx in advance.
Stefan