lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <>
Subject Re: an alternative to optimize?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:30:29 GMT
Are the search statistics the same for the MultiReader?  That is,
would a search on a MultiReader over several small indexes
necessarily return the same ranking as a single IndexReader on an
optimized reader?  Would they return the same actual scores?

Just curious, I haven't tried MultiReader, but the code seems like it
should, at least based on my quick glance at it.