lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From spinergywmy <spinergy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to delete partial index
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:09:05 GMT

Hi,

   I m just wondering is there any unique key that I can use to delete
particular document? How can I check the postion of a particular document
inside index file? Is there any example that I can refer to on how to delete
documents by a term.

   For second scenario, the reason why I m doing this is because when I move
the file from one destination to another, and if I do not do this, the exact
location of the file might not be correct. For example, when I index the
file in C drive and now I do cut and paste, the file is at D drive, so I m
wondering when I do index search and return result, and when I view the
file, can I still view it after the file has been moved.

   How you can provide me some idea for the above scenario. Thanks.

regards,
Wooi Meng