lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From spinergywmy <spinergy...@gmail.com>
Subject How to delete partial index
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:34:54 GMT

Hi,

   I have ask this question before but may be the question wasn't clear.

   How can I delete particular index that I want to and keep the rest? For
instance, I have been indexed document Id, date, user Id and contents, my
question is does that particular contents will be deleted if I just
specified the document Id, and I used reader.deleteDocument(document Id).

   And I have another question is if I do normal cut and paste the document,
how can I delete the index content from one destination and restore to
another destination and the index file must merge.

   Thanks

regards,
Wooi Meng