lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sirakov <sira...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Search Question
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:11:15 GMT

I've read the FAQ, and i have found the following:

You need to store the documents' summary in the index (use Field.Store.YES
when creating that field) and then use the Highlighter from the contrib area
(distributed with Lucene since version 1.9 as
"lucene-highlighter-(version).jar").

If I understand correct, i must create this Field "summary" using
Field.Store.YES and Field.Index.YES, but what kind of parser i must use?

This must look like the example in the HTMLDocument.java:

doc.add(new Field("summary", parser.getSummary(), Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.YES));

The variable "parser" was declared as HTMLParser, but i cant use this into
the FileDocument.java....can someone give me a hint or help me?

Thanks in advance,
Sirakov