lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advice on 3NF Data Structures and Lucene Please
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:33:38 GMT
You are right. Database usually is in 3NF, while lucene usually works
on an array of objects. Different database has different data model.
There are quite some efforts to crawl database, create the lucene
index, keep it in sync with the database, and rendering the search
results. If data model changes or you need to work on another
database, duplicating those efforts is not fun.

DBSight is a web server I am working on to save the effort of creating
a Lucene search on database tables. It can work on any databases. You
can easily adjust search ranking, field weight, analyzers for each
field, search result template, etc, just by UI.

--
Chris Lu