lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From abdul aleem <janaabdulal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Range Filter again - (time field)
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:09:31 GMT
Hello All,

Iam pretty sure there has been lots of discussions
and threads on date issues however coudln't nail
down my syntax,  bear with me if this has been asked
before

I have split my timestamp as Date and Time and
indexing on both

Im getting time as

SimpleDateFormat sdf = new
SimpleDateFormat("hh:mm:ss.SSS");

Date date = sdf.parse(time);

Timestamp timestamp = new Timestamp(date.getTime());

String dateString = DateTools.dateToString(timestamp,

DateTools.Resolution.MILLISECOND);
Field timeField = new
Field("time",dateString,Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED);

For searching ( can search indexed time?? )
RangeFilter df2 = new RangeFilter("time",
DateTools.dateToString(startTime,
DateTools.Resolution.MILLISECOND),
                 DateTools.dateToString(endTime,
DateTools.Resolution.MILLISECOND), true, true);

Result
=======
*time* index has more than 50 documents in start and
end range  but RangeFilter returns only 1 document (if
inclusive only)

is there something wrong with way iam using
RangeFilter ??

I would greatly appreciate if someone could suggest on
the above.

Many thanks,
Abdul

PS:- Im searching on the exact time that was used to
index in the RangeFilter