lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lukas Vlcek" <lukas.vl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene - general question
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 07:41:51 GMT
Hi Babu,

Sorry but I don't see any point in using Lucene if you don't need search
functionality. Also for parsing XML files I would consider using some
scripting language (as opposed to pure Java based solution). The reason is
that scripting languages can be more effectire when simplicity of result
code is important and as of Java 6 they can run right inside JVM - so
integration with you java code is very simple.

Just my 2 cents.

Lukas