lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nested Queries
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:12:36 GMT
Hi Kapil,

I am not sure exactly what you asking, could you give an example of
the correct response?  Also, are you truly using numbers or are they
just substitutes for text?  And are they part of a bigger problem
requiring Lucene? If it is just numbers, maybe a DB might be the
better way to go, since you would have SET operations that may make
this easier.  Not saying Lucene can't do what you want, just thinking
there are other ways

-Grant

On Dec 26, 2006, at 4:47 AM, Kapil Chhabra wrote:

> Just to mention, I have tokenized FIELD2 on "," and indexed it.
>
> FIELD2:3 should return 1,2
> FIELD2:(FIELD2:3) should return something like the output of:
>
> *FIELD2: 1 OR FIELD2: 2
>
> *
> Regards,
> kapilChhabra*
> *
>
> Kapil Chhabra wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please see the following data-structure
>> +--------+----------+
>> | FIELD1 | FIELD2   |
>> +--------+----------+
>> | 1      | 2,3,4,6, |
>> | 2      | 3,1,5,7, |
>> | 3      | 1,2,     |
>> | 4      | 1,8,10,  |
>> | 5      | 2,9,     |
>> | 6      | 1,       |
>> | 7      | 2,9,     |
>> | 8      | 4,9,     |
>> | 9      | 5,7,8,   |
>> | 10     | 4,       |
>> +--------+----------+
>>
>> My requirement is to find all values in FIELD1 where FIELD2
>> contains all values of FIELD1 where FIELD2 contains 3
>> Which means something like
>> FIELD2:(FIELD2:3)
>>
>> Is it possible to achieve this in a single query? If yes, then how
>> should I go about it?
>>

>> Thanks in anticipation,
>> kapilChhabra

Grant Ingersoll