lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Turcotte" <pat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene functionality
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:51:31 GMT
I would suggest you take a look at exist-db (http://exist-db.org/).

A database for XML documents that support XQuery.

We are using both products here (lucene and exist-db), and for what you are
looking for, exist-db seems better.

Our documents are far more complex than yours (about 500 different element
in the structure) and even if we don't have millions, we have more than 53K
documents.

Once loaded in the database, performance are impressives to find info on
documents parts (xpath) where no index exists. And for your structure, you
could even create indexes which would boost performance even more.

Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have more questions.

Patrick