lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eun Yong Kang <ek...@cs.utah.edu>
Subject Re: giving different boost to different terms in a same document
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:32:34 GMT

Yes I want to do boost in indexing time.
But I want to do boost for terms instead of fields. I want to give
different weight for
different terms even if the field of two terms are same.

For example,

doc A   contains  field1 : term1  (weight C)   field1 : term2 (weight F)

I want to give different boost factor for term1 and term2, even if term1
and term2  are
in the same field (field1).

Anybody knows how to do this?

Eun