lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Soeren Pekrul <soeren.pek...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Lucene & LSA
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:16:56 GMT
mariolone wrote:
> They are successful to extract the matrix.
> But with collections of large documents is not one too much expensive
> solution?

I have a quite small collection with 14,960 documents and 29,828 unique
terms. If I remember right it took a few minutes on a normal laptop
computer to iterate the terms and documents. I stored the matrix in mySQL:

CREATE TABLE term_document_matrix (
	term VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
	document INT NOT NULL ,
	weight DOUBLE NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
	PRIMARY KEY (term, document)
);

You can see it is not a real matrix just a normal table in the
relational model. I stored the weights greater than 0 only, so I have
much less entries than 14,960 x 29,828 = 446,226,880 (in my case 159,407).

> it is possible to extract the matrix from the indexing file?

I don’t know any API to extract the matrix from the index file directly.

Sören