lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customized Analyzer
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:57:40 GMT
Ignore my comment about using the same analyzer. My addled mind at fault.

You are getting the correct query as far as QueryParser is concerned.
"(wind window)" should match on both wind and window. You will only get
a boolean query back if the total position difference in the tokens is
1. In your example case the total positional difference is 0...thus the
MultiPhraseQuery. It seems odd, but to get the boolean should back you
need to have multiple tokens at the same position and a total
poistionIncrement of 1. Say "wind man" which would give wind:position0
window:position0 man:position1 ... now you have multiple tokens at the
same position and a total positional increment of 1...you'll get all 3
tokens back in a SHOULD boolean. Frankly this seems odd to me. Maybe I
am off base. Either way...QueryParser is giving you the query that you
should expect from it.

Mark Miller