lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: giving different boost to different terms in a same document
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:47:29 GMT
I don't think you want to do this at index time, but rather search time.
Quoting from Hoss (?)...

Index time field boosts are a way to express things like "this documents
title is worth twice as much as the title of most documents". Query time
boosts are a way to express "I care about matches on this clause of my query
twice as much as I do about matches to other clauses of my query".

>From your example, it looks like you want query time boosts rather than
index time boosts....

Erick