lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene id generation
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:55:56 GMT
But you can do something very similar and very quickly using a unique ID
(not the Lucene ID) that's shared across the indexes (assuming I'm reading
your issue correctly). Then use TermDocs/TermEnum and create your filters
that way.

I predict endless problems with user (programmer) errors if Lucene allowed
one to specify the (lucene) document ID.

I suspect it just ain't going to happen since nobody has yet made a case for
why this would be enough better than the current system to be worth the
hassle.

Best
Erick