lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to delete partial index
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:40:52 GMT
you have to search against something known. You simply (as has been
mentioned many times) cannot rely on the document IDs.

So, I'd store the full path (untokenized) of the file. When you move a file,
search for the path in the appropriate field in your index that the file was
originally stored in. Then delete. Or just delete it by that term.

Erick