lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene search
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:30:42 GMT
Well. searching documents for text is what Lucene is *made* for <G>. So,
yes, this would be a fine thing to use Lucene for. You'll have to deal with
coordinating between when a document is added to the directory and when it's
added to the Lucene index.

Also, give some thought to what form your documents are in. Are they Word
documents? PDFs? HTMLs? ...? You'll have in interesting time cracking the
formats of such documents, although searching this archive will give you
some ideas on how to do that. Simple HTML case: <b>E</b>rick should be
indexed as "Erick". Now do you make it so?

Best
Erick