lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Website changes
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:11:21 GMT
Excellent work, Mister!  Me like.
I reeeeeally don't care to push the Lucene book for my personal reasons, but it may be worth
adding a link to LIA either under Documentation or under Resources in the left navigation
column.  I think that's where people who might find the book useful would look first.
Is there a way to keep all tabs (like the ones on http://lucene.apache.org/) even when one
goes to a specific project?  For example, if one clicks on the Nutch tab, have that tab be
dark blue/selected, and make the other ones gray?

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 7:56:15 AM
Subject: Website changes

Hey Luceners,

There have been several changes to the website (http://
lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html) that may or may not affect
how people use Lucene documentation.

Previously, the website was, more or less, static since it was based
on the latest official release.  Sometimes it was updated for news or
when committers were added.  That has all changed now.  The main
website is now based on the nightly build of the documentation.
Additionally, the API documentation is based on the nightly build and
reflects what is in the trunk of SVN.  Nightly builds of the source
(binary distributions) can now be located on the "Developers" page
via the Resources left-hand menu.

For those of you looking for documentation of a specific release, you
can find it under the "Site Versions" section in the left-hand menu.
Docs as far back as 1.4.3 are supported.  File a JIRA issue if you
would like to see a prior release to that.

For those looking to start contributing, the Resources-> Developers
page has some helpful starting points.  Notably, the Clover test
coverage reports show where we are lacking in test coverage.  Writing
tests is a good way to get an understanding of what is going on
inside Lucene and are always welcome.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing