lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: MultiFieldQueryParser doesn't properly filter out documents when the query string specifies to exclude certain terms
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:05:39 GMT
On Tuesday 19 December 2006 23:05, Scott Sellman wrote:

>                         new
> BooleanClause.Occur[]{BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD,
> BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD}

Why do you explicitly specify these operators?

> q.add(keywordQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST); //true, false);

You seem to wrap a query in another BooleanQuery. As long as keywordQuery
is the only query that doesn't seem to make sense. Please try using the
MultiFieldQueryParser's constructor, not the static method. I think that
might fix your problem.

Regards
 Daniel

--