lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From qaz zaq <>
Subject Re: Duplicates removal in search results
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:17:53 GMT
Thanks Erick,
Using termdocs/termenum should work. One of my concerns is the performance: the search results
could reach 100K, so the performance may be impacted.  One of the alternative I am thinking
 is to collapse the data during indexing time, but I haven't decided to go that way.

----- Original Message ----
From: Erick Erickson <>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:49:01 PM
Subject: Re: Duplicates removal in search results

you need to search for all documents with the title you care about, decide
which one to keep and remove all the others.

You'll probably need a TermDocs/TermEnum to go through all the items in your
index to create the list of documents to remove.

On 12/14/06, qaz zaq <> wrote:
> How can i remove the duplicates records in the search results. i.e., I
> have multiple results with the same title in 'title' field, and I want to
> only 1 record per title, how can I achieve that? thanks!!

Any questions? Get answers on any topic at  Try it now.