lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ronnie Kolehmainen <ronnie.kolehmai...@ub.uu.se>
Subject Re: Problems with Queries which contain '_' and wildcards
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:33:02 GMT
I recognize that error message ;) You're using AnalyzingQueryParser
<http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/analyzing/AnalyzingQueryParser.html>
-
yes?

These are imo the two most obvious options:

1. Revert to standard QueryParser - it won't analyze prefix- and
wildcardqueries.

2. Keep AnalyzingQueryParser together with different analyzers for
different fields (wrapped in
org.apache.lucene.analysis.PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper).

With option #2 you could use Standard- or GermanAnalyzer for text
fields, and for filenames etc. a better choice would be something like
KeywordAnalyzer, which doesn't add or consume tokens. Remember to
always use the same analyzer(s) for indexing AND search though.

/Ronnie