lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karl Koch" <>
Subject Lucene scoring: coord_q_d factor
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:32:14 GMT
Hello group,

The coord(q,d) normalisation is "a score factor based on how many of the query terms are found
in the specified document." and described here:

Does this have a theoretical base? On what basis was the decition make to have it? Does anybody
know a paper (in Information Retrieval, Information Seeking, etc.) or other more general information
about this?

Best Regards,

P.S.: This is my second question about Lucene scoring (current version). It relates to the
question I posted on the older scoring version. I decised to repost since most people here
seemed not to read it since it relates to an old version - well actually it doesn't.
"Ein Herz für Kinder" - Ihre Spende hilft! Aktion:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message