lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Sheldon <>
Subject Re: Problem: "The selected method Keyword was not found"
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:54:17 GMT
On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 02:43:13AM -0800, Aaron Shaw wrote:
> field = CreateObject("java", "org.apache.lucene.document.Field");
> I'm assuming the next line needs to be the equivalent of this:
> Field field = new Field("url","http://localhost:8500/cfdocs/dochome.htm",
> however I'm not sure what this is meant to do so I don't really know how to
> translate this creating a new object or calling a method of my
> existing field object?

It is creating a new object, but Coldfusion represents this differently.

As explained in the Adobe help:

Your "CreateObject" call will load the object, and you actually call the
constructor by calling "init" on your field object.

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.
		-- Doug Gwyn

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message