lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: BUG ? - lucene multisearcher / sorting
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:43:32 GMT
On Friday 01 December 2006 15:16, Kai R. Emde wrote:

> When we search "material" as an example, we found 207 hits in the the
> index. When we search this index in the multisearcher, with 3 index,
> there 206 hits contiguous and one after the next. OK bookA1, bookA2,
> bookA3 ... bookA206, bookB1, bookB2, bookb3 ... bookB6, bookA207,
> bookC1, bookC2 --

What do the fields really look like? If they contain non-numbers, Lucene
probably sorts non-numerically (i.e. 1, 10, 11, 12, ..., 2). Also, there
might be strange behavior if you sort on fields that are tokenized (not
sure if that gives an exception). Not sure if anybody can help you unless
you post a real self-contained testcase that either creates the index
itself or put up a small index somewhere to reproduce the issue.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de