lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cam Bazz" <camb...@gmail.com>
Subject datetools and index storage question
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:15:54 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I have two fields that contain the original and modification dates of
certain documents.
I decided to store them like:

Document entry = new Document();
entry.add(new Field("edate", DateTools.timeToString(edate.getTime(),
DateTools.Resolution.MINUTE), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));

is this correct? also I should use an un_tokenized index from what I
understand, correct?

I am using un_tokenized index for unique things, and tokenized for
everything I like to search. What are the benefits of a NO_NORMS field
also I am curious to know under what circumstacnes a field.store.NO is used?
if the field is not stored, it is not there, so why even put it?

Best Regards,
C.B.