lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <marcelo.oc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Full text searching on documents saved in database as BLOB
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:58:05 GMT
Hi Inderjeet:
  I am working in a full text searching implementation for Oracle
Databases running Lucene on the Oracle JVM.
  The text searching functionality is ready yet, you can get latest
code uploaded on Tuesday, see the attachment text for the detail of
the new functionality included:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-724?page=all
  Now, I am optimizing the Oracle Lucene Domain index, this new index
is implemented using Oracle Data Cartridge API and can be used as the
CTX_SYS.CONTEXT, including the SQL operators contains(column,'lucene
query string',correlation) and score(correlation) operators.
  The benefits of running Lucene inside the Oracle JVM is that all the
access to the data-sources which you index (now columns of type
VARCHAR2, CLOB, and XMLType) are locally, no network round trip, no
data marshalling and the cursors are in the same memory space.
  Also the Oracle JVM can be used as enterprise container for running
Lucene, because the Oracle JVM can be scaled up to thousand of
concurrent sessions.
   The Oracle OJVMDirectory classes replace the file system by BLOBs
as the storage for the  Lucene inverted index, so they inherits all
the benefits of the database storage such as full transactional
support, export and imports, recovery, auditing, and others.
   Best regards, Marcelo.

On 12/1/06, Inderjeet Kalra <Inderjeet.Kalra@headstrong.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a query related to the full text searching on documents saved in
> database as BLOB. In our application, we are planning to save our
> documents in the database as BLOB and we have a requirement of searching
> a document on it's meta data and the content of the document i.e. search
> within document.
>

> Will Lucene serve our purpose, I have gone through the Lucene FAQs and
> various issues on the site but I am unable to find any references to the
> documents saved in the database as BLOB.
>

> 1. How can I search on the metadata of the document saved in the
> database as BLOB
>
> 2. How can I search on the content of the document i.e. search within
> the document saved in the database as BLOB
>

> If anyone has implemented the same functionality, can you suggest me any
> sample code so that i can start using lucene for the same.
>

> There is another search engine i.e. Oracle Text search engine which also
> does the same but which one is better ?
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Inderjeet
>

> ***The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa
http://marcelo.ochoa.googlepages.com/home