lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alice" <aliceli...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Customized Analyzer
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:38:48 GMT
Going through the javadocs, that’s wath I found out:

About the positionIncrement of Token.class:
" Set it (positionIncrement) to zero to put multiple terms in the same
position.
This is useful if, e.g., a word has multiple stems.  Searches for phrases
including either stem will match.  In this case, all but the first stem's
increment should be set to zero: the increment of the first instance
should be one.  Repeating a token with an increment of zero can also be
used to boost the scores of matches on that token."

So that’s what I did...
And now it is returning a BooleanQuery as I expected:
contents:wind contents:window

But still no hits...

Any clue?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: terça-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2006 20:54
To: Lucene Users
Subject: RE: Customized Analyzer

As stated before, a *self contained* test case would help people diagnose
your problem ... just cutting and pasting a few snippets of your code is
not enough for people to reproduce your problem.

: And the return is: contents:"(wind window)"

a MultiPhraseQuery that looks like that should be functionally equivilent
to a BooleanQuery .. as a matter of fact, it will rewrite to a
BooleanQuery ... does a straight search on either "wind" or "window"
return any results for you?

-Hoss