lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kai R. Emde" <>
Subject AW: BUG ? - lucene multisearcher / sorting
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:16:25 GMT
Thanks for the reply,

I try to explain what's happens -

we use lucene 2.0 - is a little difficult to show a case, but it seems that
the problem began, when the hits of one index reach 200 and above.
At this moment at the end of the list there are like bits lost, of this
index 1,2,3 hits.
When we search "material" as an example, we found 207 hits in the the index.
When we search this index in the multisearcher, with 3 index, there 206 hits
contiguous and one after the next. OK bookA1, bookA2, bookA3 ... bookA206,
bookB1, bookB2, bookb3 ... bookB6, bookA207, bookC1, bookC2 --

Here is the code with the multisearcher -

	MultiSearcher searcher = getSearcher(indexDirList);
	if (searcher != null) {
		Analyzer analyzer = new GermanAnalyzer();
		QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("contents", analyzer);
		try {
			query = qp.parse(queryInput);
		} catch (ParseException e1) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
		try {
		  	hits =, new Sort (new
SortField[] {
				new SortField("bookisbn"),
		 } catch (IOException e) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
		  }                        // run the query
	   hitsResult = Messages.getString("Result.24")+ hits.length() +
Messages.getString("Result.25"); //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----