lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sunil Kumar PK" <pksuni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to improve document retrieval speed.
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 15:12:57 GMT
Hi,

I am using Lucene's Remote Parallel Multisearcher with 10 nodes in my search
cluster having 200+ distributed index fragments (1 Index fragment = 4GB). I
have 30+ fields in my index, and I am storing a master XML file (contains 5
to 30 pages of information) in one field. I also  have two web servers
behind a load-balancer.

My system works as follows.

I) When the user search for a document, the search result page will display
3 stored fields from the index (Document Number,Title and Date).

II) On clicking a particular result I am searching again(Since I am using a
load-balancer I can't use the same RemoteSearchable object) for that
particular 'document number' and retrieve the stored master XML from the

The first step is ok with me, but I want to improve the speed in the second
part. Is it necessary to do the scoring and weight calculation in the second
step?

Thanks,
Sunil