lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Multiple query criteria search
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:23:46 GMT

:    I m actually trying on search indeces by entering multiple queries, for
: instance, I have 4 textboxes with search criterias such as AND, OR, NOT and
: Exact phrase. I m using queryParser operator and then add the query into
: booleanquery, therefore I dont think my search result was correct.

your approach of running hte input into each text box through a query
parser and then combining hte resulting queries into a single BooleanQuery
is a very sound and good approach ... i can't comment on the specifc
correctness of how you implimented it hower, so if your results aren't
what you expect I would look at the boolena que toString and make sure
what you are constructing matches what you thought you were constructing.

-Hoss