lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Q: Searching - Use of field to increase score, without filtering
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:35:22 GMT

This sounds very similar to this recent question...

http://www.nabble.com/newbie-scoring-question-tf2640109.html

..if i'm missunderstanding you, please clarify with a specific example.

: Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:04:05 +0100
: From: Stephan Spat <stephan.spat@joanneum.at>
: To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: Q: Searching - Use of field to increase score, without filtering
:
: Hello everybody!
:
: I used Weka-classification to classify document into different classes.
: In Lucene I saved the predicted classes (besides the document +
: metadata) for these docs into a field called preclasses. Now I would
: like to use this field to boost the score, if a userquery agree to the
: value of this field. But I don't like to filter by this field, which
: means: if a userquery for the field preclasses fits to the value of the
: field, all documents (indenpentent from the value  of the field
: preclasses) should be returned, but for documents where the value of the
: preclasses field matches to the user-input should be used for boosting
: the score (therefore I set the boostfactor of the field preclasses to a
: higher value than 1).
:
: In short: The field preclasses should be used as a booster and not as a
: filter! Is this possible? And how?
:
: Thanks a lot!
: