lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Filter query method
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 19:30:37 GMT

:       for example, if my first query is "Java" and it returned 3 records.
: For my 2nd query is "Tomcat", and within my first search, there is only one
: record contain the word "Tomcat", this will be my intention to do so.
:
:    Is it possible for lucene to do so?

anything is possible .. but as i said, you have to first decide wether you
want the scores of your final query to only be based on the tf/idf of
the word "Tomcat" (in which case you want to build a Filter out of the
query on "Java" or if you want the scores to be based on the tf/idf of
both words (in which case you should build a big boolean query)

I also have no idea what SingleDocTestFilter is in the code you posted, so
i really can't guess why your code doesn't work for you... what is it
supose to do?

-Hoss