lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gaurav Kalra" <gaurav.ka...@hewitt.com>
Subject Specific string query search
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:18:52 GMT
Hi all,

I have a specific string query like "Jakarta:" How do i get that? I am
using standardAnalyzer and it seems as if it is stripping ":" and it is
simply searching for "Jakarta".
I have used WhiteSpaceAnalyzer also and its working fine for ":" but I
think it has some other limitations. The limitations of WhiteSpaceAnalyzer
which I have noticed are as follows:
1. It needs the search criteria in the proper case i.e for searching
"Jakarta" I cant give "jakarta" as my search criteria.
2. WhiteSpaceAnalyzer is not supporting FIELD:TEXT kind of search.
e.g ISSUE_TITLE:test
where ISSUE_TITLE is the field in which test is to be searched. But
standardAnalyzer supports this.

May be the limitations I am seeing is because of my code.

Can you please help me out as to how I can do a search like "Jakarta:". I
would appreciate if could please send me the code snippet doing this kind
of search.

Thanks & Regards
Gaurav Kalra

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information
that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.
Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other
than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.