lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Krishnendra Nandi" <krishnendra.na...@hewitt.com>
Subject Specific Query on multiple fields
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:59:07 GMT
Hi All,

How do we use a specific query on multiple fields ?

for eg.
I have to run a query "jakarta tomcat" (the string which i give in my
textbox is with double quotes as I have to get the string 'jakarta tomcat'
together)
on mutiple fields like "content" ,"title","examples"

Also if I have a specific string query like "Jakarta:" How do i get that?
would it not try to search a field with the name jakarta ?
As far as I can see it ignores the ':' and tries to search only on
jakarta.

All possible help is welcome.
Thanks and Regards
Krishnendra Nandi
Hewitt Associates India (Pvt.) Ltd.
Unitech World
Sector-39, Gurgaon
Haryana-India

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information
that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.
Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other
than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.